Thursday, September 15, 2005

My First Business Trip

On Monday, I was called and asked if I could attend a meeting in High Point, NC on Friday. I was so excited, but I calmly replied, "Let me check my calendar and I'll get back with you."
So after so dancing around the living room, I checked flights/ hotels and I'm all ready to go.
I am still excited, but also a little apprehensive, because
a) I've never done this before
b) I'm entering corporate America for the 1st time
& c) I don't really want to grow up.
Please, pray that I don't get sick while in a meeting, tour, discussion, etc... This baby thing is very unpredictable.

4 comments:

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Business trips can be a whole lot of fun (and yes, scary, too, especially at first). It sounds like you have a pretty interesting job. Buyer for a running store? Is that who you are travelling for? Which running store?

running shoes said...

I am travelling with a sock manufacturer to a sock mill in N.C.
I work for Bob Roncker's Running Spot, but I call this my new and improved job. I will probably start my own company sometime soon. Mostly doing design & packaging of socks.

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Bob Roncker's Running Spot is a cool store. I've been to the Cincinnati one to sign up for a 10K (Thanksgiving day one). It kinda stinks like sweat and BO upstairs, though;-).

running shoes said...

I totally agree with you about the upstairs. it's really rancid, especially when a running group goes up there to stretch...post run