Saturday, October 01, 2005

Danger Will Robinson!

I went for a run this morning with my dog. I was trying to burn some of her hyperactivity off before I had to go to work. We were about 5 min. from the house when this HUGE German Shepard ran straight at us. I yelled "NO" and "Go Home" to the dog, obviously my efforts did not matter. My dog was tying to be submissive, while this other dog, who weighed more than two times Harper (my dog), was apparently in the mood for love.
We kept walking, the dog followed us.
My plan was to look for opportunities when the dog got distracted to run out of sight, but we never made it out of sight before the dog would see our sneaky move and run after us.
I prayed. A man mowing his lawn happened to be nearing the sidewalk where we were.
We intersected. Yeah! I asked, "Is he your dog? Do you know who he belongs to?"
Of course, he couldn't hear me over the mower, but he must have read my lips.
'Cuz he mouthed, "The Big House".
*Sidenote not pertinent to the story* FYI--- The Big House is the original farm house (mansion) that belonged to the people that used to own all the land that is now our subdivision.

Now my mission becomes to grab the chain around the dogs neck in order to escort him back to his house. I grab the chain. It's me in the middle with my leashed dog on the right and this big canine specimen on the left pulling us all the way to his house.

After an hour of hard work, we have success. My dog was still hyper.

No comments: