Thursday, October 13, 2005

Strange Dream

A handful of people warned me about strange pregnancy dreams. I didn't heed their warnings, though, because I hardly ever have vivd dreams and almost never remeber them.
Which is why this particular dream of mine seems so amusing.
Setting the stage: We are camping. We being myself and an unidentified number of people. I was in a tent, but I thought that it was too uncomfortable so I traded with someone for a cabin with four windows, two on each side. I left the windows open a crack to let the cool night air in before I went to bed. I got into bed and went to sleep. An unspecified amount of time went by, and I had to get up to use the bathroom (in the dream). The bathroom was outside the cabin and around the corner still attached to the side of the building. I saw a bear. When I left the bathroom the bear was still there. It charged me. I got on top of a wood pile and tried to make myself look bigger than the bear. To no avail. I had no choice, but to pick up a minature chair (like they use in the circus) and tell the bear to get back. I poked at the bear until it backed up. At that moment, the bear became my friend Margie. "You poked me in the chest and it hurt", she said. "But you were a bear!" I exclaimed.

No comments: