Friday, November 11, 2005

Spinning Brain

We started our registry today. My Florida shower is in January, so I needed to get something registered for. It was very exciting, yet incredibly nerve wracking. I had no idea that there was so much stuff that a baby needs (parents desire). Half of the stuff I had no clue how to use or even if we needed such an item. These things are major. Who knew that we needed to research which diaper pail is the best to keep odors at bay? Or which monitor would be the most non- static? Baby tubs? I thought that you could bathe them in the sink. To pacify or not to pacify?

1 comment:

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Ugh, I know! It's nuts. There is so much that the lists say you need and unfortunately most of it is true. Too, there is the safety factor that you have to consider with everything.

The diaper pail that I like is the Diaper Champ, as it requires no special bags. In the end, though, they all will stink! The Fisher Price monitor that comes with two listening stations (which can plug in or be battery operated) and has a vibrating mode on one of them works great! I thought that I would not pacify, but babies want and need to suck. It was either on me ALL the time or break down and use a pacifier. There are certain places where it is not appropriate for your kid to be fussing, like church or if you try to go out to eat. They work wonders to keep em quiet and happy. Luckily, mine kind of weaned himself by 4 months. He kept pulling it out and couldn't get it back in and I got sick of playing so he eventually gave it up. I hate when kids are old enough to talk and still use them. Yuck!