Thursday, March 23, 2006

Life Song Tour

I recently attended the Casting Crowns concert. Wow, how amazing. Also singing were Nichole Nordeman (one of my favorite female singers) and Josh Bates.
I am still trying to process everything that the Holy Spirit was revealing to me that night, but one of the biggest "lessons" was when Nichole sang "Legacy". Here's the chorus::
I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough
To make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who blessed Your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy.

What powerful words! Too often we get caught up with the things of this world and completely forget that none of it will matter in the end. Regardless of what we think, each day we ARE leaving a legacy on each person we come into contact with, either a positive one or negative.

No comments: