Sunday, August 20, 2006

Hungry

Today was the first day that I've been able to sit through the whole church service with no distractions. After our worship time, I felt hungry for the Word! As our pastor started preaching about Grace, I realize how I'd missed hearing about God. And how I wanted to become a sponge and soak up all he was saying about God.
Then this song came to my mind and I've been singing it all afternoon.

Hungry I come to You
For I know You satisfy
I am empty but I know
Your love does not run dry
So I wait for You
So I wait for You

I'm falling on my knees
Offering all my needs
Jesus You're all
This heart is living for

Broken I run to You
For Your arms are open wide
I am weary
but I know Your touch
Restores my life
So I wait for You
So I wait for You

1 comment:

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Awesome, Jen!! Did you start the little guy in the nursery yet? I remember those first time back in the service again with no kiddo. It was like I was on vacation or something. Soak God up. Great song, too!