Tuesday, November 21, 2006

They Shot Bambi



Even though I live in a state where deer hunting is fairly common, I think that I'd like to go back to being naive about the whole thing. Here we are driving home and in front of us, strapped to the back of a 4- wheeler (as they say here a "Quad") and then strapped down in a truck bed is Bambi's dad, dead. Looking at us with hollow eyes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric has seen fit to protect me from such sights. He will suddenly say, "hey, look over there." By the time I look and discover that there is nothing whatsoever to look at, he has sped up and past the mangled animal.
-Katie N-

Rachael Neal said...

Your husband is so kind - mine slows down, gets up real close to the beast, rolls down my window and THEN tells me to look!