Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Sun and Son Visors


Today was a beautiful sunny day, in fact I had to use my sun visor a couple of times. This simple act got me thinking about how many different things we use to block out the sun. We wear hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, use sun shades on our cars, tinting on our windows, sun visors (you get my drift). We do the exact same thing to the 'SON'. We hide and use our visors to try to block Him out. We resist Him from pointing sin out in our lives with His light. Yet we complain on the days that we don't see the sun (or Son working in our lives). Proverbs 15:3 says,"The eyes of the LORD are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good." We decieve ourselves, thinking we can hide from Him. He sees everything.
Next time you get to have a sunny day, thank the Son. He says,
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

2 comments:

Rachael Neal said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing! Hope you had a great Christmas.

Unknown said...

I love it too! Very encouraging. Thanks, Jen. You make me smile very much.