... not to be confused with peppermint or spearmint.
Travis and I went to the Dr. today. I felt a little sick mainly with some sinus issues and a sore throat. T, looked a lot worse with a variety of colors coming from the facial area. I was thinking that Travis would be put on some meds and the Doc would tell me that I had a virus and to take some over the counter stuff for what I thought was post-nasal drip causing my sore throat... BUT NO. Travis has a virus and I have Strep throat, which I didn't think I could get, since I no longer have tonsils, but I was so obviously WRONG.
The Doc came in after doing a preliminary swab (which is now standard, instead of doing the one that always gets sent off). He told me that I have a very positive result and we needed to wipe out the Strep. We discussed my options- meds for 5 days or a shot. I opted for the shot, thinking it would be in the arm and not a big deal.
Again, I was WRONG. The nurse told me that it was about as thick as peanut butter and hurts from start to finish. How bad could a BIG shot of penicillin in my bum be? Quite frankly, this coming from someone who equates pain with being alive, it HURT! Gripping the table and closing my eyes, kind of hurt. At least, the Strep doesn't stand a chance!
3 comments:
As a frequent strep getter i'll have to remember the peanut butter like shot vs. meds. I love peanut butter, but not so much in the bum.
Yikes. Hope you two feel better soon! I, too, have had my tonsils removed and didn't think I could get strep. I guess we have to be wrong every once in a while. :)
Bummer. I hope you are feeling better soon. On the plus side, getting a shot in the tush makes for an interesting blog for the rest of us :)
Post a Comment