These days, I'm just thankful that I get to take long runs. Getting out of the house clutching my beloved ipod has become my relaxation. However, by no means are my runs graceful.... they're pitiful!
I run, stop, stretch, run some more, stretch, stop again to wait for cars, stretch, stop, find a potty, stretch, walk, run... you catch my drift. I think I stretch more than I run. Today, I almost got hit by a car and got scared by a squirrel that ran right out of the bushes and in front of me. Both were great adrenaline rushes, though I don't think I'd like to repeat them. I had a time crunch since T had to leave for work... I don't run well under pressure. I'm comtemplating the upcoming 10K and thinking that it's probably best if I run by myself rather than with the group as planned.
If I run by myself, I can go my own pace- speed up or slow down depending on my mood, terrain, leg cramps, etc; running with the group would be fun, but there would be a whole other level of expectations to stay with the group... not to mention the embarrassement if I have to drop back and ... Stretch (or wretch), whichever. Did I mention that I'm the only girl in the group of 6?
2 comments:
Great talking to you this weekend!! Tell us about winning the race over the weekend. You are awesome!
P.S. Why do you continue to run long distances? Is it worth it? I'm sure that the answer is yes, but...
P.P.S. I am not doing the half this weekend. The partner wasn't really into it and it would be a big stretch physically, financially, etc. I certainly don't want to knock myself out this early for the marathon.
i understand. have to admit though, on a trail in CA for a half is pretty tempting. i would trade you... you can run the 10K and i'll run the half.
Post a Comment