
Liz went to be with the Lord this morning. Her family arrived shortly before she passed away. The family is trying to get her back to the States for a funeral, but because the nature of the situation (her being hit by a car), they are running into a lot of red tape and paperwork. Please pray for wisdom, guidance, and that this wouldn't be a battle for the family.
It is a constant struggle to keep my thoughts in check. God has a bigger picture...we don't know why this has happened, but God does. He knows and works all thing together for good.
We had a wonderful prayer time last night and we all were reminded that this is for God's glory and of Isaiah 55:8-11,
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are you ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my Word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."
I am also reminded of the song "Blessed Be Your Name":
Blessed be your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where the streams of abundance flow
Blessed be your name
Blessed be your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be your name
Every blessing you pour out,
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name
Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name
Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name
Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name
You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, Blessed be your name
artist Tree63
7 comments:
I'm praying for you, Jen.
I literally, seconds ago, finished reading the book "90 Minutes in Heaven." I started 2 hours ago and read the entire thing. If there is one thing I am walking away with, Heaven is real. Heaven is more incredible than we can ever imagine. Your friend is finally home. The only tears are here.
I'm not sure what to say at times like this (Karin is obviously much better), but I wanted to at least let you know that I'm sorry to hear about your friend and will pray for you and her family.
Also, that's a really neat picture of her.
Thanks for your inspirational post! It prompted me to look through our pictures of Liz from last year's trip! She was such a vivacious and energetic woman. I'm so glad to have known her and to have experienced her love of Christ first hand. I only apsire to be used of God the way she was!
Love you!
It's neat to see God still working in this situation. It is so interesting to look back over the last year and see how God has prepared Liz and her family for this time. It sounds trite, but he's given so much grace to her family and friends who loved her even before we knew what was going to happen.
Beautiful thoughts and I loved the picture that you put with it. So perfect. I love the happy victory stance. I teared up just looking at it.
One of the things a friend and I were talking about yesterday is how we're hearing practically no one say "Liz was so great." or "Liz was such a nice woman." It's all "Liz loved the Lord like few people I've ever met and it showed in her whole life." What a legacy. And what an example to live up to.
Also, I wanted to let you know that at the family's request Ben and Doogie are designing a website for Liz where people can leave their thoughts and prayers for the family. As soon as it's up I'll let you know.
What a beautiful post! The photo of Liz looking all happy and victorious was perfect. Too, I love that song. I was very inspired by it when we lost my father-in-law a few years ago. Blessed be the name of the Lord!
Jen, Thanks for the wonderful picture. The website Kara mentioned above is up:
www.lizwernz.com
Post a Comment