2008 is less than a day away... that phrase always makes me feel like singing "Tomorrow" from Annie.
In keeping with tradition or culture (which one is it, really), I'm trying to figure out what I'd like to accomplish for 2008. As we were challenged yesterday by Pastor Brad, we need to focus on making our goal one that will matter 10 years from now. I felt God pressing on me in 3 areas: that we have too many things (Matt. 6:19- style), get our finances in order, and to spend more time with Tee, family, and investing my life in someone else (that counts as just one).
I thought about making yet another goal of running a marathon- it's probably too selfish for me to think that I can devote 10 months of my time to running. Then had the conflicting thought that my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, so I can't completely quit exercising.
So as far as resolutions for the New Year... you could say that the jury is still out. I'm still trying to decide what is realistic and also something I'm not going to give up before finishing.
A good friend has a saying for 2008 and 2009 (she's pretty organized)
"Get in shape 2008"/ "Get a date in 2008" and "Make him mine 2009"
What a great way to remember what it is that you've set out to accomplish.
Currently, I'm working on my snappy phrase for '08.
No comments:
Post a Comment