Monday, January 21, 2008

Unlikely Baptism



There were 13 adults baptized at our Church. What an amazing God who is bringing people to Him. T, Tee and I attended to see a couple of our friends give their testimony and be baptized. Before many people showed up I let Tee run around the sanctuary. He went up to the side of the stage where the Baptismal pool is and I picked him up to show him the water. He immediately launched his small toy flashlight cow (that moos) into the water. I leaned over to try to fish it out, but it had sunk like a rock. Just then, the Pastor and the candidates walked up for their "how to" instruction. I explained the "Pool Hazard" and he said that it would be the first thing he rescued when he got in. Anyway, Tee kept pointing to the pool and mooing. We walked to the back on the sanctuary where T was running the sound system. My witty husband say, well at least now we have a "Holy Cow".
As promised, the Pastor got into the pool and explained to the congregation that he had to rescue a cow from the bottom and then chucked it up the aisle, water flying everywhere. The cow made it safely back to Tee. The moo-er no longer worked, but the LED flashlight did, so we considered ourselves lucky. But you know how those "Holy Cows" roll, and since "being made alive in Christ" the moo-er started working again a few days later.

9 comments:

michael said...

That's pretty comical.

I didn't know that Tom ran sound at your church. I run it at ours also.

kara h said...

This explains so much! I could NOT figure out what he heck he was talking about when he said he had to rescue a little cow and I must have missed him fling it out. I was so confused. :o)

Unknown said...

This is hilarious!

See, if you were presbyterian, the cow would only have been sprinkled resulting in a much less funny story.

Kentucky Kate said...

Ha ha ha. That's really funny! I wish I had been there. You know, for the baptisms, not just the cow.

Lee and Candace said...

Jen it was so good to see you that night and enjoy Travis' fun with the cow and the mooing. He is too cute! Glad it is functioning like normal again!:)

Anonymous said...

Great story! sorry I missed the live version.

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Pretty freakin' hysterical. I like how the cow, too, was made alive in Christ;-).

Lindsey said...

Hilarious! Absolutely hilarious that kid...

Meliss said...

i just laughed out loud.