Saturday, February 02, 2008

look out!

Before I had a child, I could get many more things accomplished without interruptions. For example laundry, dishes, & going to the restroom didn't need explaining. Since having a child, a curious, active one at that, I find that EVERYTHING I do, I have an audience of one. Today, my task was simple- clip Harper's toenails. Tee found this intriguing and came close to see what I was doing. I was in mid clip when he leaned in really close. The dog toenail flew through the air and hit Tee smack in the forehead. He just looked at me...What is there to say when someone gets hit with a flying dog toenail? I did what any compassionate mom would do... I laughed.

3 comments:

Rachael Neal said...

I hear ya! I'm only two weeks into motherhood - with a child that doesn't talk - and I find myself saying, "Do I really have to go to the bathroom right now? Or can it wait?" Haha! Thanks for sharing.

michael said...

Phew! For a minute there I thought you were going to say that he leaned in close, bumped your arm, and you cut your dog's toe clean off.

Meliss said...

I thought you were going to say that it flew in his mouth...so I was prepared to be grossed out. But then I just laughed. Can you come cut Burgess's nails? He acts like I'm killing him if I even attempt it. It's ridiculous.