Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Cheers!

Here's to all my amazing friends who I want to emulate in different ways. 
I'm sure you know what I mean. The reason they are your friends... some part of them that you want to rub off on you and so you try to spend lots of time with them (annoying them with a zillion questions).
I have several of these friends, but  
one in particular, who I want to be more like because she is calm and to say that she is creative and resourceful would be an understatement. She's been on my mind lately... not in weird way! She is feminine, but tough and will do almost anything. She plans and she is patient. Her house always smells like vanilla and tea tree with a slight hint of lavender. 

I couldn't sleep (impending sister's induction), so I spent my time trying to make my kitchen smell like this... the experiment was successful- for 30 min. or so and then it was hijacked by the smell of dog/ dirty laundry/ and the cloth diaper pail. I've been plotting on how we can hang out with her and her family more. Totally selfish on my part, all the while claiming it's "for the kids".
Here's to you friend, my sister in Christ with the sweet skillz! 
You are totally wicked (the cool Boston way -not the wizard of oz way)

7 comments:

The Talberts said...

Oooh. Tea tree and lavender .. your friend must use cloth diapers. ;)

Kentucky Kate said...

So, who is this cool person I need to meet?

Unknown said...

You should see the play Wicked! It will change your view on the Wizard of Oz!!!

i want my house to smell pretty. Send me the recipe....

Janelle S said...

Ahh...a good smelling house makes everything better. I've heard of sprinkling cinnamon in a pan and letting it bake on a low oven setting, but I've never tried it. I'm afraid it would just make me hungry!

Kentucky Kate said...

Oh Janelle, it does work. It's also nice if you sprinkle in some cloves and ginger. Or just pumpkin pie spice.

The Talberts said...

Janelle and Katie - I've never baked it, but I've simmered water, cinnamon, cloves, and orange peels on the stove and it smells amazing. Unless you're newly pregnant and nauseous. Also unless you forget about it and burn it. Either way, it's hideous.

Kentucky Kate said...

Oh yeah, Melissa, that's what I do too. I missed the baking part. I usually do end up burning it if I don't put in enough water. And then there was the time that Eric tried to do it for me while I was pregnant and he used an entire tin of cinnamon. That's an expensive way to make your house smell good :)