Monday, July 28, 2008

Newness

T has been quite busy this summer. He redid our deck and added a most exquisite feature underneath it especially for me- a clothesline. Actually, a double clothesline that spans the length of the deck! There is something special about being able to hang fresh laundry (diaper) on the line in the summer- Ahhhh!

Our new deck is amazing! Now we can walk on it without the fear of being harpooned by the wood. Our stairs are wonderful and 500% better than the ones before, made by the skillful hand of Ben Talbert. Thank you Ben! 
The deck is not all the way complete. Just a few minor details are left like staining, installing the top railing, and post caps, but we are enjoying it and will continue to enjoy it!

7 comments:

Eric said...

Interesting, I always figured clothes needed to be in the sun to dry well. Do they get dry quick enough under the deck? (looks really nice by the way)

Unknown said...

Reason #587 why I need to come visit you.

I miss you :(

Kentucky Kate said...

I'm telling you, as soon as we have significant money, I'm hiring Tom and Ben to come over and work on my decks. And maybe Brad Spence. They all seem to know what they are doing.

The Talberts said...

I was also wondering if you get any sunlight under there .. I know that always helps my diapers "bleach" naturally.

Looks great!

Ashley said...

Nice work Tom!Speaking of diapers, can we invite ourselves over soon for a tutorial? Maybe we could even sit out on the new deck.

Anonymous said...

Nice work Tom!

krissy said...

Beautiful deck!!