Nightly, as we or I tuck Tee into bed, we try to lead him in prayer. Generally, it goes something like this:
Me: Dear God
Tee: God
Me: Thank you for our day
Tee: Day
Me: and for Daddy
Tee: DA-DEE
Me: Grandma & Grandpa
Tee: MA n' PA
Me: Gramie & Grandad
Tee: ME n' DAD-DAD...
You get the picture... last night did not go so well. So I picked up the Elmo toy and put his hands together, bowed his gigantic eyes, and in my best Elmo voice said, "Dear God". As soon as the words came out of my mouth, Tee laughed so hard he had tears in his eyes, of course, seeing him laugh so hysterically sent me into a fit of laughter. Every time he'd look up at me, he'd laugh hard again, which would continue the vicious cycle. We just couldn't stop.
Moral: Elmo adds another dimension to prayer.
3 comments:
Funny! I thought you would like to know. I saw Travis in KidzJam yesterday at church and he was having a grand time. He was right in the front row, in the middle of the aisle just dancing and singing away. It was really cute.
That is funny, and sounds like a really silly and special moment.
Is there anything on earth better than making your kids happy and/or making them crack up with laughter?
I think not.
i look forward to times like this with annelise...
Post a Comment