Thursday, January 29, 2009

Winter Wonderland



Since the White Death Storm of 2009 hit us with a big wallup, we've hunkered down inside, building Play-Doh masterpieces.
We made a brief trip to our "bunny hill" in the backyard for some sledding with the Spences. This has been the highlight and Travis keeps asking where Sadie and Noelle went.

Although last night, the Rodriguez's let us swing by for some yummy dinner and chewy chocolate chip cookies.

It's funny how many places/ services shut down when atypical amounts of snow hit the area. I was particularly disturbed by the fact that the US Postal Service didn't deliver... not that I was expecting something important, but isn't their creed- "Neither snow nor rain nor heat of day nor gloom of night shall stay these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds". But then again, it is the Government we're talking about.

In pregnancy news, the reflux and heartburn are much worse with this one. One friend suggests that maybe this little girl will have lots of hair. I am 30 weeks and the aches and pains while sleeping have started and I feel myself clenching my jaw more than usual. I actually counted 4 times last night when I popped my jaw to release the tension. Then had an awful dream about needing the Dentist to wire my jaw shut to heal.
Yeah, where can I sign up for that...

I shoveled the driveway on Monday to which I got some mixed reactions from the neighbors. Oh well, it gives them something to talk about.

This is been a pretty random kind of post, but we're really not up to anything exciting, just cleaning and doing the usual.


Have a good Thursday.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh, my sister...I feel you on the pregnancy pangs and woes. Sleeping has become an illusive ideal. I can never QUITE get there these days and when I do...strange and creepy dreams. Do your hips hurt like mine do???

Danielle said...

The jaw problems. . I so relate! Wish I could get mine to just pop back in place - the dang thing has been stuck all week!

And yes, don't strain yourself over shoveling the driveway! Good grief!

It's beautiful up there; sit back and enjoy it.

krissy said...

how do you know the USPS creed? I think you need to get out.

Sally said...

Was I the one who told you the lots of hair/reflux connection? Because my grandma would tell me all sorts of pregnancy wives tales-and that was one of them. Like if your baby has the hiccups-that means she is cold. Really? She was very cute...but oh so looney. She also told me that she was "breastfed" by a goat--but I'll save that story for later.

Paulina said...

How cool am I? I didn't realize I had to sign into your blog to get all of the updates....I had a lot to read up on! I hope your pregnancy woes settle down - i'm glad God gives us a good reward at the end of pregnancy otherwise it would really stink!

michael said...

Brrrrrr!