Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Eeyore kind of Day

You know those days when you try and try to keep on top of things only to watch other thing crumble around you.
I guess it's God's way of keeping us humbled and dependent on grace. It's like grace, really. We can't DO anything.

So anyway, I share my day with you. I hope you laugh too.

At 4:07 a.m., Travis decided to shout out "Martha". Since we don't know any Martha's, I can only assume was a dream about the T.V. show "Martha Speaks" either that or he's super spiritual and has been reading about Mary and Martha... by himself...
I thought he would quickly settle back down from his outburst and go back to sleep, but he started whining about seeing Daddy and deer in the backyard (Daddy's on a trip and I'm fairly sure he didn't see any deer in the backyard at 4). Thus, began our day shortly after 4... in the morning.

What an awful hour. I'm still lamenting my last few hours of sleep. I did manage to get the dishes done as well as a handful of odd jobs that have been left undone for about a month... or maybe 6.

I decided to tackle the mountain of laundry. I folded every last item and was down to matching socks. I went to answer the phone and all the piles fell over with domino precision.

I went to mail an order at the Post Office, to which I was told it wasn't packaged in the correct box! Wait What!??? Now there are special boxes? Good thing it's a friends order.

We bought Elmo underwear and decided to give them a try. I used Kate's explanation about not wanting to get Cinderella (in our case, Elmo) wet. 5 minutes later, Travis waddled up to me and said that Elmo had a bath. Let's just say I don't think he understands the concept.

So my mantra... God give me grace! Wait, can I use "mantra" and "God" in the same sentence?

5 comments:

The House of Schwartz said...

We always quote Eeyore's glum, monotone voice around here. Just remember every mom's favorite verse, " This too shall come to pass." I too am guilty of mixing up the religious words from time to time :)

Kimberly said...

Oh, sister. That IS an Eeyore kind of day. That irratated me about the laundry and it wasn't even mine! :) I noticed your time posted was 1:48 - I hope the rest of your day went well...and not so gloomy. Sigh.

Kentucky Kate said...

My idea of not getting Cinderella wet, while nice in theory, has yet to actually work, even for us. Boo.

Betsy said...

Praise the LORD, all you servants of the LORD who minister by night...May the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth, bless you from Zion...Psalm 134 (well parts of it anyway) :)

I submit that 4am is still night...so be blessed!

Anonymous said...

I hope you were able to laugh about it all at the end of the day!