Thursday, June 11, 2009

Misc.

I have a million good ideas to write about, until I actually have the time to sit down. Then all the ideas melt away and I'm left with ramblings and events that you all don't really want to hear about.
This post will probably be so scattered that it may leave you shaking your head or more confused than you were before.

Craig & Sarah, Janelle, Lee and Candace: I have notes for you and I keep missing you, so if you see me and you remember, ask me about it.

Travis ate some Hydrocortisone Cream yesterday. This makes 3 calls to the Poison Control Center. Hum... I wonder if they keep a record of phone numbers and names? His potty training is still going... slowly, but going.
I remind myself that eventually everyone is potty trained...right?

Lyla is doing well and growing. She will be 2 months on the 13th, which is Sharayah and Kev's Wedding! Speaking of... is anyone free to babysit?
Why is it that disposable diapers always LEAK in the oddest ways. It's never a little bit; it's always a massive clothes ruining experience.

Case and Point. Look how unhappy she is.



Some interesting God sightings within the last month include:

Our neighbor and his son coming to church with us twice!!

An opportunity for Earth Bums to diaper an orphanage in Uganda!! Seriously, how AWESOME is that?
I didn't really know how God was going to use Earth Bums, but my prayer has always that if Earth Bums is something that would bring glory to Him, that it would continue.

God revealing to me that parenting is just a glimpse of how we behave, or should I say, misbehave, with God.
More on that topic later.




6 comments:

Anne said...

Thanks for the update! I love that Travis has mini-Tom hands. Thanks for the pix you emailed, too. Hang in there with potty training!

Ashley said...

That is exciting about Earthbums, I'd like to hear more about it when I see you next. It is almost guaranteed to have a poopy mess in a disposable, another reason to use cloth! Lyla's smile is precious.

Paulina said...

ok so random...but i think lyla and claire kind of look alike! maybe it's cuz they're both little babies :)

Lee and Candace said...

Oh man...I forgot about those leaky yellow diaper days...

That is awesome about Earth Bums. I need to take a class from you sometime. Let me know when you have another one.

Rachael Neal said...

seriously, i almost peed my pants laughing when i saw the picture of lyla. i hate those leaky diapers - especially when the result is awful like that. ps - did sarah tarking knit you that onesie? i have some of the same from her!

The Talberts said...

I love that about the orphanage! I have always thought there was great ministry potential for Earth Bums. I was thinking like .. inner city. But orphanage is very, very cool. I can't wait to hear more about it.