I know that I've been through this before, so I should be prepared, in theory, but seriously! Does it have to be so depressing to lose your hair by the handfuls? Part of me thinks this is not normal, is it normal?? Am I paranoid?
I'll leave you with this picture as I bemoan my hair loss.
7 comments:
Trust me, it's normal. Had to get a new haircut after Porter to cover the bald spots.
The hair, BTW, has started to grow back in normally.
TOTALLY NORMAL! Danielle can tell you some stories about this too. Mine just settled back into non-shed mode...Colton is almost 8months...=)Just another blessing of motherhood =P
Well .. I'm not even nursing at the moment, but tonight after I took a shower, Jacob went in to use the restroom. A couple of seconds later, I heard a scream and, "Mama! There's a bunch of hair in the toilet!!" I think he thought it was a little animal or something. I'm guessing I'll clog up the drain, but dang. Sometimes I just don't know what to do with all of it. I could start making stuffed animals, I suppose.
Well. It would be awkward if Ben had actually written that. It was me. :)
Hmmm. I've never had a kid and I lose that much hair a day. Should I be worried???? I've found that if I don't brush it and don't touch it, then I don't lose it during the day. But it's always on my pillow at night, so that's kind of creepy.
Sigh! I feel your hair loss, sister! It gets all over Clay, all over my pillows, all over my bathroom floors, all over everywhere! I even find it in my food! Gross! At least I know it's mine! LOL!
Awe - I feel so bad for you. It's a terrible thing, isn't it? Just the kick in the pants you don't need right now. I started 'shedding' about 2 weeks after Kyla was born . . And it kept on and on. . I went to the doctor not once, but twice because it was that alarming. I was losing bunches of hair just by running my fingers through it (forget brushing it. . ya, this was the long-term, non-brushing or washing regularly, frumpy phase). It was so bad that you could noticeably see my receding hairline and thinning hair- particularly around my temples and at my hairline on my forehead (or where my hairline used to be!). The doctor said not to worry about it until after 6 months at which time it would be deemed abnormal (for the first 6 months after giving birth, supposedly this is just par for the course). Well I'll be darned if it didn't stop literally 2 weeks prior to that (ya, we had to go right up to that point - and not a moment before!). My advice: don't brush it too often or put it up tightly. Pull it back loosely, and then don't mess with it as best you can. I even got special shampoo for balding men called Nioxin (no, I'm not kidding). Good luck with it all, and hopefully yours ends sooner than mine did!
Post a Comment