Just a few updates until I either have time to post goings on or something spontaneously hilarious happens.
Dairy Free is going well... for Lyla. I was still perplexed by diaper happenings as recently as yesterday, when I found out the gum I'd been chewing has casein (milk protein) and lactose in it. Sigh. It was a bummer, but I'm guessing they put it in there to make your teeth strong?
In case you're looking to drop a few pounds, go dairy free. Even if you do it for a week, I guarantee you'll lose at least 2 lbs. More if you open your fridge regularly and stare blankly at all the food you can't eat. And more still if you exercise.
T and Tom visited the Cincinnati Waldorf School on Wed. T absolutely loved it. They made snacks and he got to grind the flax seed. "Is that where we are sending him for school, you ask?" No, there were just free classes this week, so we thought we'd go and see if we can glean ideas on (un)schooling.
Our playground plans were foiled today, so T and I watched Sesame Street. Are you familiar with Murray and Ovejita (Oh-va-heat-ah)?
Murray is an orange muppet and Ovejita is his Spanish lamb. They go to visit different schools, but Murray has to guess what kind of school they are going to by the three clues Ovejita gives him in Spanish. It's very clever. Except T calls Ovejita, Over Pizza. And then it's too hysterical to pay attention.
Glory and Valley are doing well and have been joined by Rusty. I'm not really sure if Rusty is a dog or cat or another creature. If we acquire more animals, I'm going to need to get study cards.
I love my husband. He was home on Tues. and told me in the morning to make an appt. to see the Chiropractor. He watched the kids and I got an adjustment. What a kind man! Ahhh!
We also had an in- house date night after the kids went to bed and I made steak au poivre in a red wine reduction sauce. I also had made beef demi-glace on Mon. I, however, caution you. I do not recommend making it from scratch. It literally took me all day. I will gladly purchase it next time.
My next cooking insanity will be making Tiramisu. I will make it and look at it and then I will give it away.
I'm not good with the food pictures like Kate and Melissa are. I may post the dish aftermath.
3 comments:
That would mean giving up dipping my Oreos (that you left) in milk, just giving up the Oreos might help me lose weight. =) Glad to hear she is doing better, sorry for you though. Your food sounds yummy.
I lost some weight when I was dairy-free with Libby. When all you can eat at Thanksgiving is turkey, it sort of helps that extra baby weight just sort of disappear. But we made up for it later. ;)
So .. are you planning on unschooling? Or doing a Waldorf-style of homeschool? It's fun trying to figure it all out, isn't it?
Hmm...i don't think i reaped the benefits of losing weight while being dairy free. (I think the non-dairy creamers I use un-did whatever calories I may have lost from not having dairy). I did however experience staring blankly into my fridge. That was pretty upsetting. I am actually consuming small amounts of dairy now and having some success.
Post a Comment