Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Breaking the Silence...

It always happens. The more I inform myself about politics, government, etc... the more disgusted I am.

The Senate will be voting tomorrow to pass the Health Care Bill, please call them and tell them what you think.

Did you know that this proposed Health Care bill won't kick in until 2014?
So... President Obama, what's the rush in passing it? Could it be that you want the Country dependent on the Government to "guarantee" your reelection?

Did you know that Senators and Reps are exempt from it.
They don't want it for themselves, but they're gonna sign YOU up for it.

Did you know that everyone will be paying for Nebraska's medicaid rate increase?
That's right, YOU, reading this!

Did you know that a 40-yr old with 2 kids will be paying an increase of 104% in medical costs?

Did you know you will be paying to help women have abortions?

Ask yourselves, aren't the Senators and Representatives suppose to represent the people not themselves?

Call your Senators! Tell them to VOTE NO on the bill tomorrow!
Click HERE
for the list of Senators and their phone numbers.

Harry Reid- Senate Majority Leader: (202)224-3542

KY Senators:
Mitch McConnell-(502) 582-6304 or (202) 224-2541
Jim Bunning-(202) 224-4343

FL Senators:
Bill Nelson- (202) 224-5274
George LeMieux- (202) 224-3041

VA Senators:
Mark Warner-(202) 224-2023
Jim Webb- (202) 224-4024

4 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

Bunning and McConnell are both staunchly opposed to the bill and will be voting that way.

Kentucky Kate said...

Also... The thing about not changing the bill isn't entirely true. That only applies to one tiny subsection of the entire bill. Namely, how a proposal for an Independent Medicare Advisory Board is introduced in Congress and it can be waived by a 60 vote majority in the Senate.

Anonymous said...

This whole bill makes me sick and I am so glad our reps are against it. I cant believe anyone would vote for this. I wonder what all these people that voted for "change" feels about it.

running shoes said...

Thanks Kate! I can always count on you to know all the details. This is one of the many reasons why I'm very sorry to miss the Tarkington Christmas.