Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Hodge Podge

I made Kale for L today, don't ask me why I chose kale, but I drank the leftover water from cooking it.

Lesson: Never do this! YUCK!!!!!

Today after watching the Bee Movie, T decided to dress up like a "Pollen Jock" except he calls it a "Pallin Jack"
His ensemble includes a knights helmet, winter coat, a long handled tote- that he uses as a backpack, and a pair of fireman galoshes. Creative kid.

T's new favorite activity is to watch Jellytelly, which is TV from the makers of VeggieTales. Best $4.99, I've ever spent, well maybe not ever, but close. I think it has replaced our actual TV. Although, we're not gonna get all crazy and throw out our TV.

I got a new (read: bigger) CrockPot for Christmas and it's inaugural use was today. I made Rosemary Chicken with White Beans. Tom changed the name to Rosemary's Chicken.

Quick shout out to the all the Winchester Spences- Holla!!!

Tom blew T's hair into a faux-hawk last night, so it's got this rockin'-bouncy-rooster comb going on.

If you're not familiar with Good Shepherd Orphanage in Carrefour, Haiti, please check it out. Carrefour is actually closer to the epicenter of the earthquake than Port au Prince and aide has been slow to get to them. If you are still looking for places you can give, please consider Good Shepherd.


Off to eat Rosemary Chicken from the Crock.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for the GSO "plug". There is a dessert social next wednesday at the Gardens of Park Hills, VERY YUMMY DESSERTS (hint: Joe Buskin is invovled with the good shepherd orphanage:)
Also, my mom makes kale all the time, it is super duper good for you but n-a-s-t-y unless it is in something where I can't taste it. I can't believe you drank the water. You are brave. :)

Anonymous said...

So, you drank the water, but you didn't mention if Lyla actually ate the kale?
Thanks for the shoutout! Miss you guys!

running shoes said...

HZ- I will try to make it, but Tom is flying that evening.
ES- Not yet. I froze it to mix with something. Today she ate asparagus and didn't bat an eyelash, so here's to hoping kale will be the same