Thursday, April 29, 2010

Confused

We recently took a trip to Trader Joe's. By we, I mean T, LJ, and me. T had found my elastic workout headband in the car and wanted to wear it. If you know T, he marches to a beat all his own. I really didn't mind, it even made his hair look more 70's.



Anyway, Trader Joe's was busy, an afternoon, and if you've been there, you know that they stock the shelves regardless of how many folks are trying to navigate the aisles. Their carts are tiny. So with two kids, T had to walk.

We were in the pasta aisle and there was a man of shorter stature stocking the shelf we were passing. He was wearing rather large earrings, you know the ones I mean? The ones that stretch the hole in your ear, so that you can actually look through the hole.
Why anyone would want to do this is beyond my comprehension. Ears don't stop growing, so can you imagine what they'll look like at 65?
I digress.

T comes up to me and says in his whisper, which isn't really a whisper, but more like a breathy shout; "Momma, that MAN is wearing EARRINGS!"
"Oh, OK." I say, in my most It's-Not-a-Big-Deal voice.
Then my headband wearing 4 year old proceeds to say, "I think he's CONFUSED!

It was all I could do to not crack up in the aisle.


Here's the other "confused" kiddo. She likes to carry the dog toys in her mouth and make woofing sounds.

5 comments:

Paulina said...

Your kids are so darn cute!

Unknown said...

This post made me laugh :)

Kimberly said...

T looks SO much like you in this picture! Does that make you feel better! That someone at some point in your life is saying that he look just like you and not Tom? :)

the Pie family said...

way to go travis...we've all been wanting to say it out loud too! :)
yay for a post with pictures!! miss you!

Amanda Lomonaco said...

This is hilarious!

My kids are always talking about people looking like they eat too much (with big tummies) or ones that look like they are from a different country. Lucas is obsessed with India after hearing about a friend's mission trip in Sunday School.