Sunday, July 25, 2010

The last several weeks...

... have really been a blur.
There have been many happenings, 4 yr old musings, interesting stuff at the Rodeo.


We had a storm. One that picked up our table and umbrella, flipped it, then smashed it back down on the deck. All while we were eating lunch glued to the window watching. T exclaimed, "Did YOU just SEE that"?!! 4 years going on 24 years.


We've been busy weeding, tending to the garden. We harvested some romaine lettuce... that had already bolted (gone to seed) so it was inedible. But pretty.


We had some backyard visitors. They lodged their complaints about the condition of the Pond. It was noted.


Tim and Lexi came over for dinner and we got to meet their sweet baby, Kate. Tim even read some French to the Rodeo clowns. It was captivating.



Some of the players were assembled to make Pam Anderson's caesar salad (no...not that Pam Anderson). I didn't have any lemon juice on hand , so T and I went across the street to Grandma Z and Grandpa John's to borrow some. They gave us one of those containers shaped like a lemon and told me not to worry about giving it back. We left. I was overjoyed to have ALL the ingredients to make something delicious without the last minute-mid-mixing grocery run.

T's job was to fill the Tbsp with the juice and then dump it in. He opened it and started to squeeze, but it came out all brown and yucky smelling. Something wasn't right. I flipped over that container to find...


... it either says 1999 or 1995.
Uh, Gross!
Try explaining to a 4yr old, whose sole job was to squeeze and pour that his duties are no longer required. Needless to say, we skipped the lemon juice.

5 comments:

The House of Schwartz said...

LOL too funny. I think that it was special fermented lemon juice!!

Lee and Candace said...

That makes me sick to even think what that would have tasted like.:)

Unknown said...

I really like you

Kara said...

Don't you love grandparents? They have everything you need... except fresh lemon juice.

Ashley said...

yuck on the lemon juice. That stinks about the lettuce. Is any of it edible?