Well technically, I had to stop running, so I'm not a runner at the moment.
Anyway, I am 30 weeks and counting down till our little boy (who may not be so little at birth) makes his grand entrance. I am experiencing an abundance of emotions, something that my midwife said would happen lots more in the next 10 weeks. Goody, as if I'm not already feeling like a cry baby, I GET to cry MORE. I feel so anxious inside, I want to be outside! Running, walking... whatever. Creating motion with my legs in my running shoes on the pavement.
Why is it that you always appreciate what you had when you are told you can't do it anymore?
Also, today, at my appointment I was informed that I have lots of vericosity (vericose and spider veins) on my left leg. The left side seems to be the favorite hang out for baby richardson, which cuts off the circulation thus making the veins freak out/ pop out. Quite an unpleasant feeling as well as looking lovely shades of blues and purples. I was told to go directly to the medical supply shop and buy maternity compression pantyhose. I was told they would cost about $50-$60. However, that price quote was for the lightest compression, and I needed the moderate strength which carried with it a $90 price tag. GASP!
I'm trying to look on the bright side of things, though. Bright side number 1: I can sympathize with all the older women who have to wear them. number 2: My leg does feel better, even if the crotch of the hose creeps south more times that I care to share. number 3: I get a workout every time I wrestle them on. number 4: ONLY 10 weeks of this (hopefully).
4 comments:
Bright side #5: your blogs are a lot longer now!!!!!
indeed they are
Wow, 10 weeks to go! That will be here before you know it. It sounds so quick. Are you able to still walk/waddle around the block. The motion will do you good, if you can stand it in your stockings. What a pain in the leg.
Well let me just say you look awesome! I was so empressed at the shower at how good you look so don't worry about the stupid veins. YAY for only 10 more weeks!!
-Lindz
Post a Comment