I left Florida this morning at the crack of dawn. Which I was kinda bummed about not getting to see the sunshine for the day; but on the drive it rained so... oh well, too bad for the sun.
I go through the normal procedure to get my seat request and round the corner to see 4 huge lines for security. That was at 6:15am. I got in line, expecting it to move quickly. Very bad move on my part to have any sort of expectations at all for the morning.
6:30, I'm still in the line, putt- putting down toward security, but not there yet.
6:35 rolls around and I am at the lip of security. Then I see three travelers come up along side of the guy in front of me and proceed to cut in. The audacity of such a move in front so many people... I was left speechless. Apparently, so was the guy in front of me and the security checker person didn't even see them. Then I saw the problem, they had 4 separate lines that funneled back into 1 line just as you crossed the threshold of all that is secure. People were fighting for there spot in line. It was chaos. Then a little girl came hurling towards me with her hand over her mouth. Luckily, I dodged what followed.
6:45 and still in the line, but now the smell of regurgitated pancake breakfast is looming over the crowd.
7:00, I reach the line that separates us into metal detector lanes.
7:07, I get to pick out a bucket to put my shoes and jacket in. The man behind me is in a terrible rush and hits my bucket repeatedly as well as bumping me several times. I wonder silently if he can SEE that it's the side of my pregnant belly that he's bumping.
7:09, I get a comment from a TSA guy about not having my boarding pass in hand. I smile and joke about pregnancy pants not having pockets and show him my pass... He doesn't like humor on Mondays.
7:10, I get through, and all is well as I wait for my stuff to come down the shoot and scoot it down to the end to re-dress. Then the impatient man behind me reaches into the covered shoot and pulls MY stuff out and down onto the rollys! I am shocked, why was he touching MY stuff? To which I can no longer hold it in!
"You must be in a REALLY BIG HURRY", I say in my most assertive, yet sarcastic voice. He hears me, but doesn't say anything. I take my stuff and walk to the end to regroup.
I get to my gate at 7:14- the time when the flight was supposed to leave, but I got on none the less. I'm exhausted.
1 comment:
Glad that you weren't the spewer. Gross.
Post a Comment