Monday, March 13, 2006

You Have the Right...

I had to go to the courthouse today. Not our usual courthouse, because that would have been less of a tramatic experience. And no, to all who are thinking the worst about the visit; I didn't get a ticket or arrested. I just had to pay tax on our car.
The courthouse is in downtown Covington, a very sketchy place to begin with, then you add the city's finest and Voila!- instant heebee-geebees. I paid the taxes and decided that it's wise to stop at the W.C. The public ones are on the 3rd floor to discourage loitering and bathing. I took the elevator up and got out on the predetermined floor. I realized I was being followed closely by a half- dressed woman who is telling me "Please, Please hurry up, I can't wait". Surely, she can't be serious, I thought to myself. Clearly, she can see that I'm pregnant and have no intention of spending a large amount of unnecessary time in a public bathroom, RIGHT!?
Anyway, she continued to talk and yell at me in the bathroom! I passed it off as a mental disorder and hid-out until she was gone.

*Mom- remember the 7-11 incident and the woman that screamed and slammed my finger in the door.

Just goes to show you that anything can happen in a public restroom.

No comments: