Saturday, August 26, 2006

Older but maybe not wiser

Today was the start of the indoor soccer season. I felt good out on the artificial turf, took a couple of practice shots, I was ready. The wistle blew to start and I was on fire. After a mere 8 minutes, my body was protesting. What did I get myself into? This is a much faster game than I remembered, and the boards, I forgot that you can use the boards. I tripped over my own feet a half a dozen times and tried to run backwards only to fall on my bum. The turf is grass- like, yeah right, like grass that needs to be cut. Anyways, I survived with a couple of shiny new bruises, a kinked neck, and a rolled ankle. Ahhh, just like old times, except that I am fearing the morning when I wake up to stiff joints and aching muscles. Did I mention that I am the youngest of the team?

5 comments:

Amanda Lomonaco said...

I never played soccer before I tried indoor soccer (and it kicked my butt, too). You are doing good, though. You had a baby not too long ago don't forget. Your body is not the same yet. Don't beat your self up over it.

running shoes said...

thanks amanda. how are you doing?

Unknown said...

"don't beat yourself up" HA! Good one, Amanda.

Jen, I'm impressed. Really impressed. Way to go.

p.s. thanks for the heart email. I'll write you back :)

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Wow, sometimes I am funny without even trying AND I am married;-).

Feeling ok, pretty rough getting too little sleep. More labor "symptoms" this evening.

Anonymous said...

fIt is a much faster game indoors. Men generally go for about 2- 3 minutes max then hang back or look for a sub. Stretch and warm up/down well so you minimize injury.
I Love you.