Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Grace- in it's most sarcastic form

I'm over being inside and not being able to do anything. It's so nice outside, and I want to go running. I was just getting back to my old routine, when BAM, thank you very much mrs clumsy pants. You see- I am mrs clumsy pants. I am no stranger to injuries. This is not my first time hurting this ankle and in fact the last time, I broke it. During the last week of September 2001, I broke it running. Nothing spectacular or heroic, no being chased by wild dogs just PPTTHHHWAATT, and then me as a crumpled heap in front of some mans driveway. The man was coincidently coming out to get his paper when it happened and ended up driving me home. And so another fine example of my gracefulness, this time running to the ball to take a free kick. No one around, just PPTTHHHWATT, and then me (again) as a crumpled heap on the artificial turf. And another strange coincidence, on the last week of September 2006.

2 comments:

Brian said...

You may want to stay inside Sept. of 2011 just to be safe.

Rachael Neal said...

I feel for you man! Been there, done that. But with a 5 1/2 month old - no way. Miss you - wish I could be there to help!