Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Who Knew

I am a picky eater, mainly I get weirded out by texture. I can't do slimy or mushy. I have been disgusted by bananas for as long as I can remember. I would gag at the smell and be near to vomiting if I had to touch one or throw the peel away. My brother and sister would chase me around the house with an opened banana. I would purposely avoid all things banana, even artificially flavored gumballs and runts. I am still teased to this day because of this aversion to the yellow fruit.
Well, while making bananas cubes for Tee, I took a bite. Yes, really! It wasn't that bad, kinda sweet. My parents who are reading this are in shock. Now I'm not saying that I want to order a banana split or anything. Maybe someday, when I grow up, I'll eat a whole banana.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of banana eaters! They are after all nature's most perfect food. How did you make it all these years running without eating bananas? A marvel of science.

running shoes said...

Maybe that's the reason I get hurt so often.