Tuesday, January 02, 2007

4 Days till D- Day

Well, my D- Day (Disney Day), anyway. I've been preparing for this 1/2 marathon, but I don't feel very prepared. I should have done more than one long run (11.5 miles) to prepare. It's really hard to carve out an hour of your day, nearly every day, not to mention trying to figure out where the baby fits in all of this. Have you ever taken a run with a 25lb jogging stroller for 5 miles on a hilly 2 lane road with 18lb baby riding along? It's really hard (when I say hard I'm saying dang near impossible). When I was pregnant and even before then, I thought that it would be a breeze to fit it all in and quietly to myself thought that women who had given up exercising or cut back on their running were whimpy and looking for excuses, or just didn't love it enough. Boy, I am definately eating my thoughts.
Tom has been great in all of this. On the days that he's home he encourages me to go and even offers to feed, play, etc... to keep Travis occupied while I'm gone.
The countdown has begun, with 2 days of running left before rest days and then the BIG day... Disney Day.

7 comments:

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Yeah, I wondered how the training was going. I am excited for you. It sounds like you are pretty darned trained for this event. Running almost everyday. And with a baby. Sheesh.

I still hope to do the full here in Sac next December. I'd love for your company.

Let me know how Disney goes. I wish that I could join you (though I probably would have to walk 1/2 of it at this point).

Unknown said...

Wow! My little blog updater notifier has not been notifying me of your blog so I have been in complete ignorance in the goings on in the life of my Jen! Sadness!!

Congrats on the discipline in running. I, for one, am deeply impressed. Happy new year too :)

Kentucky Kate said...

Wow Jen,
I can barely keep up with you just walking. I can't imagine the difficulty level if you have a hard time with it!

Amanda Lomonaco said...

So, how did it go?

Rachael Neal said...

Someone tell me how you get a "blog updater" - I use to have one and now I can't get it back!

Unknown said...

Matt & Rachel,

I use bloglines.com as my blog notifier and it works pretty well. Google also has one which is good, but you probably need a gmail account if you don't have one. Just google "google notifier" and you should get something. Also, the latest version of Internet Explorer has RSS (which is what the notifier does) built in to the browser, so you could use that as well!

Hope this helps,
Karin

Unknown said...

Jen,

You called! I missed you! I am sad :(. Let's catch up soon!

love ya girl,
k