I ran this race in honor of another runner (and my Uncle- In-law), Ray Kimbell. Ray lives in Illinois with his wife, Agnes. He is in a fight with cancer, but God is definately answering prayers. This was all unbeknownst to him and his family mainly because the day and evening before the race he was on my heart and then God seemed to plant the idea in my head. I wrote on the back of my Duofold shirt;
Run Like the Wind
In Honor of
RK
Who would have thought that Florida would be so HUMID??? My running like the Wind theory kinda was more like a breeze. At the start of the race, yep you guessed it, 100% humidity. The air was so thick, if I stuck my tongue out I could taste it. Besides the less than ideal running weather, I'm not going to make anymore excuses. I bombed, yet managed to will my dehydrated body across the finish line to collect my well deserved medal.
4 comments:
What do you mean you bombed?! You got out there and DID it! Congrats! I'm so proud of you :)
Yeah for Jen! I'm so happy you finally wrote about it. What has my life come to? I've been waiting to read your new blog all week! :)
Well, more than two miles on the treadmill is a victory for me, so you still come out on top. If it makes you feel any better, I looked at the Epcot picture and saw the girl with the itty bitty shorts and the hot pink bra top and thought it was you :)
Sweet! Thanks Kate!
Post a Comment