Thursday, February 01, 2007

pit of my stomach feeling

you know that icky feeling you get when you are afraid, anxious, nervous. that's what i have folks, and why i will most likely be deleting my myspace account as well as omitting personal info from this blog. i may still post pictures, but we haven't decided yet. i ask of you that you do not use my last name or where i live.
now here's the why, in college i was stalked even to the point of having a restraining order issued. this person has decided to seek me out again instead of leaving me alone.
sorry, that this is such a creepy post.

8 comments:

michael said...

Do you already own or if not then have you thought about purchasing a firearm of some sort?

If you are considering a handgun purchase, then Mike Adams (a columnist) has some good recommendations here and here.

I am no expert, but for what it's worth I would seek him out in a public place. Buy him coffee. Do not bring your son and have a confident male friend (your husband would want to pounce on him, which probably wouldn't help) watch from a distance. Sit down and look very calmly and confidently in his eyes and tell him the following:

"Brad, (or whatever his name is) I'm very sorry to see you again. I was hoping that you would stay far behind in my past and as far a distance away from me as possible. I don't want to know how you have been because I don't care. I only wanted you to know that I have recently purchased a brand new Sig-Sauer P232 .380 (or whatever brand and model you purchase) handgun and have become very good at using it through hours of practice at the local gun range. I consider your relentless pursuit of me to be at the very least an annoyance and at worst a threat to the safety of me and my family. If you continue along this path one of two things are going to happen. 1) You are going to have more trouble with the law in some capacity, hopefully jail for an extended period. This will affect your future and possibly your health and safety. Or 2) I am going to shoot you dead."*pause*

"Do you believe me?" He may nod in disbelief or he may crack up laughing. I don't know, but be prepared for whatever his reaction may be.

If he threatens you, grabs your arm, or tries to intimidate you, punch him directly in his nose (you will definitely need to practice punching first), then in one swift motion immediately stand up, pull your gun out of your purse, and then point it at his fucking face.

If you decide not to confront him, at the very least mentally prepare yourself for if he seeks and confronts you.

Do not run or act in fear. Stand ready, clench your hands into fists, or grab your gun and be ready to use it. Strong and confident. Find and summon some nice deep rage, especially since you have a family to protect. Don't swing wildly or pull hair either. Focus on a specific target (face, neck, balls, etc) and either hit it hard or shoot it.

For what it's worth.

Kentucky Kate said...

How totally creepy! Back to the days of carrying mace everywhere. Although the above advice is not without its charms. If you decide to go to gun school, I'll go with you :)

Lindsey said...

totally understandable!! you keep yourself safe!!

Rachael Neal said...

Wow - I hate that this is happening to you. And thanks Michael for the advice - but it totally creeped me out. Call if you need some time to get away. I'd love to have you visit!

Anna said...

yikes! I too had a stalker in college...what a scary feeling! I am SO sorry...

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Sorry Jen for my psycho husband. He just gets protective and doesn't want anyone he cares about messed with. Too, he comes from a law enforcement family...

Anyway, we'll be praying for your safety!!

running shoes said...

Actually, we really enjoyed his response, and found the articles he linked very informative. I am all signed up for some shooting lessons, and a C&C classes. I'll keep everyone posted on how they go.

Bethany said...

I know it's not helpful now, but your webpage has your full name as the address. You might consider creating a new account and sending a private email to your regular readers sharing the address. Or put the site on password use only.