Friday, February 02, 2007

Prognosticating Rodent

Dear Phil in Puxatawney, PA,
I saw you on T.V. today and you looked great. What they say about the camera adding 10 lbs, I didn't even notice, however you are looking a bit grayer than I remember. It must be because you are becoming wiser. I have to admit I always found Groundhog Day to be somewhat strange. I mean with all the sophisticated radars, dopplers, and satellites that have been invented and are at our disposal, why do we rely on a rodent, such as yourself, to predict favorable or unfavorable weather. Today I learned that there are several of your kind, relatives I imagine, with weather reading capability. If you are interested in reading an article about yourself click here
Anyways, this year the you, Phil, didn't see your shadow, which means that Spring will be here sooner.
But what's with the negative temperatures and wind? Call me a doubter, but I believe that you are wrong. Generally, I am a half full kind of girl, but when all the sophisticated equipment says,"the arctic air sweeping our way.", I can't help but be skeptical. I hope you understand, Phil, and you (or your relatives) won't take this personally.
Sincerely,
Phil's friend

No comments: