I kinda FELL off the running bandwagon this week.
So, in keeping with my Accountability post, 2/25- 3/2, I ran 7.
Yes, you read that correctly- a measly 7 miles in a week. I'm not even gonna try to justify- I don't even have good excuses.
I'm hoping to do better this week... I gotta shake these shinsplints, though. Maybe, I should actually try WEARING my orthodics in my shoes.
In other news- the Canadian Geese are back. Though, we can't actually be sure that they are the same geese from last year; they all look the same anyway. We are not happy with their return- And so the cycle continues... 1) a pair of geese come to the pond 2) decide on a nesting location 3) decide on a eating and hanging out location (usually our yard and our grass seed) 4) they poop all over our yard and driveway 5) Harper eats the poop 6) The geese have babies= more poop 7) All our grass gets eaten 8) we get more upset. They are not nice geese they hiss and squawk like we're invading their turf. Anyone, got any ideas for shooing geese?
6 comments:
Have you seen those airsoft guns that shoot plastic BBs? I wonder if shooting them with it would sting them, but not cause any permanent damage?
If so, then maybe they would realize that nesting in your yard causes them an unpleasant stingy feeling, and would just head elsewhere without any actual harm having been done to them.
good idea! My husband sure liked the idea of having to purchase an airsoft gun.
Don't tell Ben you're trying to get rid of geese. Whenever he sees them flying overhead, he does the "air murder" (similar to air guitar, but involves an imaginary rifle and some pretty convincing sound effects).
melissa
Here is a tip for you. Grease their eggs and they will leave. We have had a problem with the Canadian geese at my work. Since it is illegal to shoot at them with anything in this location... we contacted one of those animal welfare agencies and they told us to grease their eggs. We did and they left :)
i've never heard of the greaseing idea. sounds like it would work, but how do you keep the geese from assulting you while you are on your greasy mission?
P.S. Your doing about as good as me on a good week on your bad week.
Are we going to do this San Fran Marathon or what? I'd like to talk to you about it before I sign up. Have you yet? Maybe we can get Karin to join in, too.
Post a Comment