a daily chaotic mess and a work in progress,
pressing toward the finish line when we see our Savior.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Striving for Simplicity
I'm amazed at how complicated we make life. When I'm at my most stressful times and life seems so demanding, I remember the acronym for BUSY that the youth Pastor of our church shared with us- Being Under Satans Yoke. This is something that prods me to examine why it is that I'm busy and my motives for being so busy. I don't think that I (or anyone else) who has a lot going on at times is sinning, but I do believe that we are to strive to being glory to God in it all and busyness definitely should not characterize who you are. I heard this tidbit of wisdom over the weekend and I'll share- "You must be willing to glorify God more than your desire to breathe"- Dr. Hodges
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey - I've been wondering...how's the business going? Also, I'm sad you don't blog anymore. I really enjoyed reading your life-tales. :)
Post a Comment