Friday, March 14, 2008

Egg in your water

When I worked at the Running Spot, I bought Camelbak water bottles for T and I. The design seemed better than our original Nalgene bottles, with a straw and no leak system. A good sign that more water would go into our mouths than in our lap or up our nose. 
Also, CamelBak touted that all the parts were dishwasher safe.
I was a bit skeptical about the dishwashing aspect, but have decided to give in to the ease of letting a machine wash it for me- until today, when I put all the freshly dishwasher-washed pieces back together and filled my bottle up with water. I took one sip when a niblet of soft, soapy food was catapulted into my throat. I resisted the reflex to gag. Spit the water and the niblet into the sink, and upon further investigation deemed the niblet a piece of egg from the breakfast plates that had also been dishwashered (I know it's not a word, people, just go with it). 
The moral: The CamelBaks will no longer go into the dishwasher.

5 comments:

Cindy Lynn said...

I don't know, Jen, I'm resisting the urge to gag with just reading it. What happened to using a glass? ;)

Kentucky Kate said...

I'll go with dishwashered, but is niblet a word?

The Talberts said...

ha. niblet.

michael said...

Yummmmmmmy.

Meliss said...

reading this made me have a little bit of the gaggies.