Wednesday, April 30, 2008

my family

For years, I've been teasing my family about writing a Tell-All book about what's it like in the 'Real Bird Family'. We've got hardship, loss, suffering, etc..., but what family doesn't or isn't at least a bit dysfunctional. Anyway, looking back on past family events, I see God working and changing lives.

I was thinking about my family yesterday. It's interesting to me that God puts you in a family that He specifically chooses for you. Take for instance my family, or the family I grew up in. There are 3 children. 2 girls and 1 boy. The boy, Jay, is the youngest. I 'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that my parents got one of each of the kinds of personalities.
Smart, Athletic, and Funny.

My sister is the Smart one. Straight A's for life. She has her Masters Degree in Biology... Now lots of people in the world have their Masters, but Biology is WAY tougher than a Library Science or Education Masters. She also rowed crew for UCF, so she's super athletic.

My brother got the Funny gene and the Tall gene (he's 6'4" or 6'5", I can't remember). He's quiet and has a dry since of humor, sweet and laid back. He likes to be outside rock climbing, camping, hiking, fishing, kayaking. He also likes fast cars and can fix anything you give him to fix. He's a Christian with a passion to see others (especially his buddies) come to know Christ. He's currently growing his hair out to donate to Locks of Love and looks a bit like David Crowder. He's also single!!!
Although we are all athletic, for the purpose of this post, I'm the athletic one. Although if my brother or sister decide to run marathons, I will be relinquishing the title.

6 comments:

Rachael Neal said...

ok, so as i was reading this post and scrolling down i thought "wow, i've never seen jen's sister" then i realized it was your brother with his long hair.

sorry, jen's sister (whoever you are). but that was really funny!

Cindy Lynn said...

Yes, because Library Science MS degress are really like "why even bother?!" ;)

Danielle said...

Man, I was thinking your bro sounded totally eligible, and then you confirmed it. You should post an add for him on a singles site ;)

Amanda Lomonaco said...

I prefer the short haired version of your brother, but cool that he is doing that for Locks of Love. You should have posted a photo of the smart sister, too, even though she has been on your blog before. And a photo of the 3 of you together. Cool to see what your siblings look like.

Good luck with the Pig this weekend. How is the leg holding up?

The Talberts said...

I agree that he looks better with shorter hair, but it's great that he's donating it.

We've got to find someone to fix that guy up with.

the Pie family said...

where does your brother live?? jesse has a way-eligible sister who enjoys the same out-doorsy hobbies. :)