Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Simpily Simplify the Simple

The teachers were all right about the K.I.S.S principle.
A refresher for all you approaching your 30's- Keep It Simple, Stupid.
I've felt an overwhelming need to simplify... everything. Starting with material possessions and working down from there, not really knowing where it might lead. Kind of scary when I stop to think about it, but realizing this is something God has put on my heart, I press on. I've been pondering 'purpose' questions. Abundantly I have been given so many things. It's time to bless, serve, and supply.
I have valued 'things' more than people for far too long. Here is where I drive the stake in the ground and choose to simplify.

I am amazed that God's mercy and grace are waiting for me each morning.
He has allowed me, more time, more breath.
(reflecting tangent)

Need something? Now's the time to ask... I'm feeling quite generous.

11 comments:

The Talberts said...

I've always been fond of your dining room table.


(totally joking!)

Completely unrelated .. but someone just approached me in a livejournal community on natural living and said, (and I quote) "holy earthbums! i buy stuff from you all the time!"
I fessed up and told her it's my friend's business, I just help out. And then I asked her how she connected me with that through livejournal because I cannot figure it out.

Anonymous said...

that is a bold step my friend! I am proud of you for being willing to take it.

Rachael Neal said...

thanks for sharing. i've been pondering the same things lately. why is it that our covetous hearts prevent us from living simply? i always want more and am never satisfied with what i have. i've finally realized (DUH!) that God is my only source of satisfaction. what a relieving conclusion.

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Hey, would your running skirt fit me?!;-)

running shoes said...

since you are so tiny... probably not. unless you'd like to use it when you're pregnant?

Kentucky Kate said...

Hmmmm. If I said I wasn't kidding, would you give me the dining room table? Kidding...

I love de-cluttering.

The Talberts said...

Dude Kate - don't even! If I was close enough, I'd lick the table so you wouldn't want it.

Janelle S said...

Hmmm we already took a dresser off your hands, any other storage furniture you need to dispose of? Also, Brad would be happy to take your laptop!

I doubt any of us are helping your cause.

Kentucky Kate said...

Oh Melissa. If you lick it, I'm coming for YOUR dining room table.

The Talberts said...

I've already licked that one, too.

Mwahahahahaha!

running shoes said...

unfortunately, we still need the dining room table and the laptop is technically the business'.

I do have lots of clothes, decorative items, books, and kitchen items that need to go...

I still have to get the o.k. from the boss ;0)