I had just gotten finished grocery shopping with Tee, I had fed him lunch, and put him down for a nap. I opened my parents front door to see a slithery visitor on the doormat.
AHHH! I thought as I closed (slammed) the door shut. I bent over, trying to collect myself enough to tell my brother.
I can handle pretty much anything that comes my way...but absolutely NOT snakes.
I found my brother in the Florida room and told him the dilemma. He bravely went out the side garage door in true, 'I'm sure it's no big deal- fashion', armed with a trekking pole, no shoes and wearing shorts. I'm glued to the transom of the door, but I only see my brother's backside plastered to it as he duels it out with this snake.
I ask him if he's O.K. He calmly replies, "Not really!" Then he tells me to, "OPEN the DOOR!" I open the door. He tells me that he was pretty sure that it's a poisonous snake, because it came after the trekking pole and wouldn't move.
Again, AHHHH!
At this point, I involve my Grandmother. She suggests we call my Dad to ask him if there is someone we should call. We call Dad. Dad tells us that he'll come and take care of it.
By the time Dad was able to get home the snake is gone from the doormat.
I carefully ease my way out of the front door to help look for it. I turn to see the Snake curled up on the porch.
AHHH!
My Dad, says, "oh, it's a Cottonmouth." Translated...Poisonous!
He directs me to get Jay and the BB gun. I do as I'm asked. I again go out to witness the drama taking place before my eyes. My Dad is armed with a broom and a trash can; my brother, a BB gun, boots, long pants. The Snake, clearly annoyed by this, makes a run for it. It is now on the side yard, under my Grandmother's bedroom window. Once the Snake started getting all irritated and striking, I went inside. I am now standing on my Grandmother's bed watching the boys and this Snake duke it out. It's hissing and striking. Then it's all over as my brother get a good clean shot to the head.
AHHHH!
4 comments:
ooooo! scary. i have a cotton mouth story of my own, so i can relate!!
Ha! I love how the men in the family were all so confident and unafraid. At first.
I hate creatures. Hate them with a passion. I know they are part of creation, but I despise them.:-)
Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww. We had one (although not poisonous) in the house once and I still jump every time I see Eric's belt lying on the bathroom floor.
Post a Comment