Monday, December 22, 2008

Whoa... with the heavy stuff

Do you ever have a feeling of apprehension and anxiety for someone you're close too, because they may or may not be a Christian?
You want so much for them to step out in faith, believe, and start living joyously for God, but your apprehensive because you don't want to hinder anything that God may be working on in them or through you.
You hurt, because you see the pain in their life and the struggles and turmoil, but without the hope and loving arms of God to cling to?
So you love, hoping to show them Christ's sacrificing love?

Heavy. I know.

I have to admit this year has been hard for me. Seeing my sin and the ugliness that lives inside, and being humbled to change.
Wow!

So these Lyrics, -Trust me the song is way better than reading the words, but I can't figure out how to post a song,- describe us clinging to our sin and the freedom that God has for us if we just let go.
My year in a nutshell.

The song is "Freedom" by Run Kid Run

All my chains, I can’t disengage
And I don’t believe that I want to.
One hand sings your praise, the other brings me shame,
I have selfishness to blame

And I’m singing for freedom
I know I’m not the only one
Praying to the One
Who can bring me this freedom
And I’m ready for change

Broken down I lay
I keep holding my chains
No longer bound but here I stay,
I scream Father, please,
I need rescuing, I need You and You alone

And I’m singing for freedom
I know I’m not the only one
Praying to the One
Who can bring me this freedom
I’m ready for, I’m ready for change

Still You patiently await
Yet I won’t just let go
I see You and You alone
Saying come follow me, despair has come so You can see,
Release

And so I’m singing for freedom
And so I’m singing for freedom

The time has come, seperation lost the war to love
Take my hand, grace has found You where you once began
Your alive, You're alive in the waking of new life
Take my hand, in the end there’s only love
There’s only love

There’s only singing for freedom
I know I’m not the only One
Praying to the One
Who can bring me this freedom
And I’m ready for I’m ready for
Father please, I need rescuing
I need You and You alone

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow, yes! What great lyrics. So true about me, too. I also have someone dear and close that I have the same spiritual battles with (as far as inside myself). I relate to you today.

Unknown said...

How I love you! How I wish we could have these conversations over coffee instead of over a computer screen.

I'm going to look up that song on iTunes!

thanks for the vulnerability, my friend. you inspire me.

Sally said...

Amen! I know exactly how you feel. I also remind myself that I can control NO ONE else (and trust me I try-hello you know this) so I must rely on God's sovereignty and mercy.