I was speechless when my midwife informed me that I now needed to come every 2 weeks for appointments. I was consumed by my thoughts- Really?? I swear I just got pregnant. How did 29 weeks go by in a second??? Is it to late to have a September baby instead? I really don't think I'm ready for another child? Did I sign up for this? How did this HAPPEN??... Don't answer that- this is a PG blog.
As you can read, I felt overwhelmed at my appointment. I've gained a hefty 9lbs since my last checkup 5 weeks ago. To which, the nurse informed me, "..was about time the baby had a growth spurt."
However, lest I get to prideful about gaining a little less in this pregnancy... I'm going to post a picture of varicose veins. Don't worry it's PG and if you have a weak stomach, it will be posted at the end so- Don't Scroll, if you don't want to see it.
Anywho, onward to more interesting stuff, like, how I've started nesting and making it my personal conquest to scrub every surface of my house as well as de-clutter, simplify and organize. I realize I'm only 7.5 months folks, but lets be real... I have a 2.5 year old and a husband who is out of town quite frequently. The earlier I get started the more will be accomplished.

... NO- this leg is not of a 70 year old...
it's mine.
9 comments:
Oh I am soooo sorry, that stinks! I wore my compression hose like crazy when I was pregnant and working but they say it just happens to some people more than others! :o(
Ben has a cousin that has gestational diabetes w/ every pregnancy and she said if you monitor at home to make sure you wash your hands first b/c hand lotion and lots of other things can cause false high results. You're one of those knowledgeable-about-pregnancy women so you probably already know that, but just in case!!
i thought for sure that i was going to have GD, but nope! praying you don't.
and so sorry about the veins. you're leg still looks very trim, if that helps. :)
I started nesting WAY early too with this pregnancy. And, oh my gosh, I only have 7 days...I have GOT to finish all those nesting tasks...RIGHT NOW!!!!
Bummer.
Wow, your pregnancy has flown. Hope your test is ok, I failed mine, but passed the 3 hour one.
Oh yeah. Pregnancy does all kinds of super-fun things to the body. I hate the glucose test too. I had to go back for the 3 hour one last time, but it ended up being fine.
Just did the glucose test...nurse called TWICE in the next two days about various issues OTHER than the glucose test and BOTH times I almost had a heart attack. ;) DON'T wanna do the 3 hour OR have GD. I hear you about keeping it real and I, personally, appreciate your pictures. :) I'm getting that line that runs vertically from your belly button. Or you could read my post where I peed on myself and make yourself feel MUCH better!!! :)
I had GD when prego w/ Iveigh, but it was controlled w/ a special diet. It wasn't very fun, but I'd take it over pre-eclampsia any day!
Post a Comment