Friday, February 27, 2009

I Thought Exercise was Good for you!

My appointment came a little early this week. I had to call the Midwives, tell them my issue, and then ask them if I needed to be seen right away or if I could wait until my regularly scheduled appt.

I'm generally pretty conservative when it comes to dealing with medical issues for myself and I didn't want to exaggerate, so before calling the Office, I sent a picture to my sister for a consult. She told me to go to the hospital, so I didn't take her advice and I'll spare you the photo.

Now TMI alert for all you of the male persuasion or those who get quesy when medical terms and umm... blood gets mentioned.

So basically, the Midwife on call told me I needed to come in. I went in and was seen, only to be told that she needed to go get a OB/GYN Dr. I'm not gonna lie, that was not what I wanted to hear. After the Dr. left the room the Midwife informed me that the Doc thought she was exaggerating, just like she had when I told her about it.

Comforting, really, that my Midwife doesn't trust me.

She measured the area, clots ruled out and wants to see me in a week to make sure it's shrinking in size (right now it's 6" X 3")

So how does exercise fit into all of this?
Well, you know all those lovely varicose veins? Well apparently by using the elliptical machine (very gently), I either popped one or caused one to tear and broke blood vessels to where blood was pooling under my skin at the crease of my hip and leg joint. Cool right? Except that it hurts, and it's, ya know, right there.

So the Good News:
There are no clot issues right now and that the bleeding seems to have stopped.
Tom was home.
I'm 34 weeks pregnant and have gained 24lbs.
You can't see the veins, because it's all purple.
I can't exercise because that's what caused this fiasco in the first place
Bring on the Girl Scout Cookie Ice Cream and the ice for my groin.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sister! I totally saw you today and had no idea...you're such a trooper. I'm going to pray this week that your body heals and that you are sustained these last week. I love you, dear friend!

Kentucky Kate said...

Wow. Gross/painful! Just a few dozen days left.