Friday, April 03, 2009

Rounding third and heading for...

...a baby, eventually.

I was joking with my Midwife that she's barricaded herself in the womb.
My appointment was today, and I'm now 2 cm. According to her it could be any time (that's what she said 2 weeks ago). She wants me back on Monday, if I haven't had Lyla by then, to try to get things moving. I've gained 29 lbs. Which is a sizable difference from the 42 lbs. with Travis. I'm hoping to hold onto this small piece of good news when I go bathing suit shopping in a few months.

Another noteworthy phenomenon, Lyla does not like me to sit down, lie down, squat, bend at the hips in anyway, etc... I blame the road map of veins on her.

I'm pretty sure that with all the anxiety about her being early, she's gonna be late.
I'm wondering if the stinkin' Baby ticker will start to read +1, +2, +3, etc...
It's a couple of days off anyway, but I think due dates feel more like expiration dates. Like expired milk in the fridge. Maybe I'll give it a piece of my mind and delete it.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh my sister. I love ya, dear, and feel your pain on so many levels. I went yesterday to my doctor and if I'm not in labor by Friday he said he would help things along a little,too. My due date is this Wednesday...I'm only 1 cm. Boo! And this is my first, so he could pretty much hang out in there forever. I'm grateful my doctor is compassionate!

Kentucky Kate said...

Yea, I can't wait! Mine never starting counting up, but it did say something obnoxious like, "I should be out of Mommy by now and she's probably wishing she could put me back." Wrong on every level.