Saturday, July 11, 2009

Music to my Ears

My children decided to get up extra early (5am) this morning, so after a glass of water for one and a feeding for the other, I put them back to bed. I decided it would be a wise use of time to accomplish long forgotten "to-dos" before wake-up part deux took place.
Normally, I go back to bed, but I was feeling ambitious.
I made coffee and pancakes, did some laundry, and had my quiet time before the scampering started again.

The silence was beautiful.

When the scampering started, I was getting dressed and all I heard was the toilet flushing. I made a mad dash downstairs and heard, "Bye-Bye, Poo-Poos!"

Ah, the very edge of being potty trained is better than silence...some days.

Oh, and never in a million years I would have thought that the word "poo" would be in my blog, and that I'd be excited about it.

God has a sense of humor.

No comments: