Today is an anniversary of sorts for two reasons. 8 years ago, today, my Uncle had a major heart attack and past away. It's also the eve of the burial of a sweet friend, Liz Wernz (2007) . The circumstances surrounding it and the time frame in my life at which it occurred, make for bittersweet memories.
This leads me to my title, God's timing. I picked up an old journal today, just needing it for some paper to sketch out some designs, and I started reading where I left off... August 21, 2007. I had to smile at what an amazing God I serve and that my paper need was not coincidence.
I serve a God where there are no accidents or surprises. A God who loves us and care for us deeply. A God who knows our hurts and struggles and is with us all the way through them. A God who gives us the hard stuff so that we can become more like Him.
Thank you God for knowing exactly what I needed today. Please help me to see the beauty in the pain and although I don't know the why- help me choose to glorify you.
2 comments:
i like this, my sweet jen
Great thoughts, sister...I miss Liz a lot, too.
Post a Comment