Tuesday, September 01, 2009

If Towel Throwing was a Sport, I'd medal

I'm back from a week of taking stool samples.
Most of you totally gagged when you read that.
No shame, we're all human.
I'll spare your stomachs the rest of the details, but suffice to say I've thrown in the towel. Our house was not the freshest place to be the last week and there's just gotta be a better way. I mean, trying to collect from a 4 mo. old...p-shhhaaw!

Most of you know that L went to Children's Hospital on Wed. for blood and mucus in her diapers. Yes, I did feel silly taking her to the Emergency Dept. at Children's, but her Dr's office was closed and the after hours clinic would have sent her there anyway. With the help of a couple of nurse friends, they advised to skip the middle man and head up to the lovely town of Evendale.
The Husband was flying in the bacon, so the Rodriquez' came over (with pizza) to watch and feed T. Damian even did my dishes!! Thanks D!

I didn't care for the Resident that came in to check L.
Diagnosis: blood in stool
HA! I could have told you that.

The Attending that came in, had the Resident present L's case and then gave her the smack down.
Of course I couldn't really tell when they were talking to me or themselves (why do DR's do that? I mean you're RIGHT THERE).
After he examined L, he told her that her diagnosis was too vague for a 4 mo. old and that it could be:
a) an allergy to something I'm eating
b) a bacteria in her GI tract
c) a virus
d) a fissure

multiple choice anyone?

So a day shy of a week the blood has stopped.
We're making an appt. with her regular Dr. this week, hopefully it will shed some light on what exactly is the cause and if not that it was an isolated incident. Thank you for all your prayers and concerns and help.

Now, Wash your hands after reading this yucky post!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Glad to hear it stopped. Hopefully the Dr will finally figure out what is going on. We've been praying for her. We are headed to children's here soon ourselves, Alina needs an EEG. The joys of parenting.

running shoes said...

We'll be praying for her too. Why an EEG?

Kentucky Kate said...

Poor little Lyla. She's much to young for that! Let us know how the dr appointment goes. Praying also.

Ashley said...

Thanks. visit my blog

Kate said...

I had been wondering how it was going, I hope it was just the one time and that its nothing serious.

The Talberts said...

Sheesh. What an ordeal. I'm glad it stopped. Hope you figure out what was going on soon!

Lee and Candace said...

Oh man! Praying for you Jen! I can totally relate to hospital visits...not fun!