I am, right?
Wait. Don't answer that!
....or what I lack in brains I make up in energy, athletic fortitude, and a slight propensity toward the eccentric.
But riddle me this- I signed up to walk a 10K and even convinced other (mature) adults that it'd be a good idea.
If your name is the capital of a country that's also a continent, skip this next part. We only have encouraging words!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
What was I thinking?
Last night, I spent 40 minutes on the treadmill. I ONLY lasted 40 min. or 3.5 miles.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
A 10K is 6.2 miles.
Part of it I had to jog. Sorry Cydney.
It was just WAAAAY too boring, I was even watching Survivor...
Then I got my rear-end handed to me by the treadmill... TWICE!
That's right I fell off.
Yes. Really!
At least I preserved most of my dignity by flailing alone. I even earned style points (in my head) by using the exercise ball as a
Just one question remains...
...If a woman falls off a treadmill and no one sees it, does she make a noise?
9 comments:
Hahaha! Thats terrific!
NO! You didn't! That is my worst nightmare! Here is a question for you my athletic friend. I usually save cardio until the end of my workout. However these days, pregnancy blamed, I get SO TIRED after just 20 min of cardio. I tried doing 20 min treadmill and then switch to the bike but I am still so exhausted. I love my routine and hate the wimpy pregnancy workouts that I have found on the internet. Any advice, should I just do cardio first, is it more important?
cardio always first!
it is more important and will keep the unnecessary poundage off while pregnant.
I thought I was smart, but what is this name that is also a country that is also a continent business?!? And a 10k is far.
I've fallen off the treadmill at the gym -- it always happens when I get too enthralled in the tv show I'm watching (generally What Not to Wear).
The capital of Australia...
Australia is a continent...
...I think. I may have just made that up
hi, Cydney here. jen, so glad you got yourself on the treadmill. doesn't matter that you fell off...at least your were ON to begin with. and like i said, if we have to run during the 10k, that's just fine, but only for a minute or 2. :)
oh, and thank you for calling me a mature adult. i hope you still think that of me AFTER the race.
Wow! That totally sounds halariously painful! If I'm laughing and you can't hear it is it still mean?
Yeah it's boring...that's why I'm running. Get it over with, man! And don't worry, you'll make it during the actual thing...there's nothing to fall off. Right? Just promise me this: keep an eye out for me because I haven't run outside more than twice since Apple Blossom. I did make it 6 miles on the treadmill though (running) this week so hopefully I'll be fine. Ugh...
Post a Comment